Thursday, May 19, 2011

Onething I ask of the Lord

So, I can't stress how important it is to find your rest in the quite place, seeking God in his presence. This has been where I have found my joy, peace, comfort, love, and rest. One of my favorite verses is in Psalm 27:4, "One thing have I asked of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." That is my first joy and passion. I want to know the deep things of God's heart, because he is my life and I can't thank the Lord enough for what he has done for me. Seeking the Lord, needs to be the number one thing in our lives, above all else. Not in a legalistic way, but as a joy. I used to read the Bible and pray because I knew I had to as a "Christian." But, the Lord has changed my heart, and now it is my favorite thing to do. It's no longer a boring thing I need to do, but now it is an awesome and exciting thing I WANT to do! It only came from sitting before the Lord and listening. The Lord wants to speak to your heart and he is waiting for us to listen. Jesus says in Matthew 6:6, "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen." We need that time with the Lord, and trust me, if you put something before that time with the Lord, it does not take very long before you start to stress and worry about little things. God wants to bless you with peace.


Read Psalm 91:

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.”  3 Surely he will save you
   from the fowler’s snare
   and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
   nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
   nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
   ten thousand at your right hand,
   but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
   and see the punishment of the wicked.
 9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
   and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
   no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
   so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
   you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
 14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
   I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
   I will be with him in trouble,
   I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
   and show him my salvation.”

God loves and favors those who seek him, and wants to pour out blessings on you. That doesn't mean everything will be good and you will be happy all the time, but the Lord will uphold you in his victorious right hand. "The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?" "Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident." -Psalm 27:1 and 3. You will find rest, peace, and love even in trials. Christ loves you more than you know!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment