Saturday, January 8, 2011

Spritual Attacks

So, I have really noticed when your on fire for the Lord and actually live life for Christ, the enemy really likes to attack you. When you choose to go against the tide and the sin you usually were falling into, and choose to be free and let God change your cravings, the enemy wants to put fear into you so you go back into the same old stuff.

Last night was really weird. I was sleeping on and off, probably the worst sleep I've ever gotten in my life. I woke up really early in the morning when I'm usually still sleeping. I woke up super uncomfortable and no matter what position I tried to get in, it just wouldn't get better. I was still tired but just couldn't sleep. I've known from past experiences in my life, that usually when I can't sleep, the Lord either wants to speak to me or wants me to start praying. So I got up and started praying for my family that the Lord would protect them and draw us even more to His heart. And that with people that aren't really seeking him, that He would bless them and watch over them, and also draw them to His heart.Then after that I went right to sleep. It's amazing how that works! However, also from past experiences, I've noticed when something like this happens to me and the Lord wants me to pray for my family and friends for protection, I usually have an unusual experience with the enemy. I had this dream (however it felt really real as it was happening) and someone I knew came to the door of my room to wake me up telling me that I had to get up and get ready for something. I woke up, but it was like i was paralyzed and couldn't move or talk. I could only get out the slightest whisper. And could move barely. I was trying desperately to let this person at the door know that something was pinning me to my bed, so they could help me but that wasn't getting anywhere. I then managed to kind of roll to the edge of the bed when I fell off onto the floor and started com pulsing and shaking. But it was too late because the person already left the doorway to my room and didn't see me hit the ground. But they were in the other room doing laundry or something telling me goodbye because they had to be somewhere. I was trying to scream for them and their name, but it only came out as a gentle whisper. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get out of this or get the other persons attention. I was helpless. I also was saying "help Jesus" as best I could. Then I woke up in the same position I was in in that dream and could hear someone doing laundry, the same as it was in my dream. It was at the moment I woke up that I relaxed because I could move just fine and that it was just a dream.

This was definitely an attack from the enemy, I believe to bring me fear so that I would just give in to the same old sin. I was choosing freedom in Christ and the enemy was trying to fear me into giving up. I know this was an attack because this has happened before in the same situations. Last year when I choose freedom, the same paralyzing experience happened, only I don't remember it being a dream, but as if it really happened. That time I felt very fearful. And it also happened when I first became alive in Christ, and started living for Him, when I was still in high school. The previous times I was pretty fearful of this. But this time because I knew what the enemy was trying to do, it didn't scare me! I knew the enemy didn't like what I was up to and the freedom I was choosing in Christ, so I called it out and said, you don't have any authority in the name of Jesus! And then I went right back to bed knowing that Jesus was my protector and would hold me tight. It was awesome. Before, in the past, I wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep after an experience like that. But this time I was at peace because I know Jesus is much more greater than the enemy!

So, know that when your doing the right thing and are living for Christ and going against the ways of this world, the enemy will try and take you out because He fears what you will become in Jesus. But, hold strong, for the Lord is with you and he is much bigger than the enemy. He is always with you. He will never leave you, nor forsake you. Usually when you get attacked, you can tell your on the right path with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment